Krill is a shrimp-like seafood that abounds in Antarctica. The crystal is captured in crystal clear, clean, ice cold water without contamination and is a very good source of omega 3, as DHA / EPA is bound to phospholipids. Phospholipids are a group of fats that are constructed in the same way as the cell membranes. This makes omega-3 from krill more bioavailable than omega-3 from fish consisting of triglycerides.
Phospholipids, and thus the important omega-3 fatty acids EPA / DHA, are taken directly through the intestinal wall. Therefore, you need smaller capsules which make it easier to swallow. Phospholipids are both fat and water soluble, are easily digested, and thus no fish flavor occurs after the capsules are taken. Omega-3 from krill can be absorbed directly into the blood without breaking down the digestive system and studies have shown an absorption of up to 95%.
Krill oil is rich in the natural antioxidant astaxanthin and therefore no additional additives are needed, because astaxanthin is naturally conservative. The deep red color of the capsules is due to the high content of astaxanthin.
Bättre Hälsa's krill is harvested with a unique eco-system that protects other fish from being destroyed. Krill is abundant in Antarctica and therefore there is no risk of over fishing. The fact is that krill constitutes the planet's largest biomass. Bättre Hälsa's krill oil contains omega-3 from krill and vegetable capsules.
1. Krill oil is more efficient at lower doses
2. Needed smaller capsules coh is easier to swallow.
3. Phospholipids are water soluble, meaning that the krill oil does not lay on top of the gastric fluid and causes reflux with fish flavor.
5. Krill quickly absorbs through the intestinal wall and passes directly into the blood to the cells.
6. It contains astaxanthin which protects the oil.
7. The krill is fished at Antarctica's clean and cold water, free of pollutants.
8. No risk of precipitation. The fishing method is eco-certified.